1. Ministry of Manpower opens a Continuing Education and Training campus in Paya Lebar Central in 2013. The eight-storey campus will focus on tourism, hospitality, food and beverage, retail, security and aerospace.
2. A 2ha plot at the corner of Sims Avenue and Tanjong Katong Road was recently released for sale as part of the Government Land Sales Programme. It is zoned for office, hotel and commercial use. Another big field of developers could line up for this site, say market watchers, with an expected top bid of as much as $960 psf ppr. The tender closes on Oct 18 2011.
3. The old Lion City Hotel site and the former Hollywood Theatre next door will become a learning and enrichment hub, with a residential component. The UOL group emerged tops in a six-cornered fight earlier this year, with its bid of $313 million for the site.
4. Malay Village Redeveloping and new civic centre called Wisma Geylang Serai added.
5. Hotels, shops, parks and other facilities are on the drawing board for the area, as part of the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s 2008 Masterplan. There is about 12ha of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than 5 million sqft.